Enza Lyons – NDIS Property Agent
SDA and NDIS Homes
Specialist Disability Accommodation varies greatly and with so much to choose from, it helps to have a knowledgeable agent who knows the local area well. We can find you the best home to suit your lifestyle and specific requirements.
We seek properties that are modern, spacious and have functional designs with inclusions to ensure that the homes are robust, versatile, stylish, and adaptable should your requirements change in the future.
All our SDA recommended properties are located near public transport, shopping facilities and medical services.
We work with NDIS participants, investors and developers so we can partner you with the right people to find you your dream home.
An Opportunity to Obtain a High Performance Investment Property
This is a great opportunity to obtain high performance investment property in Specialist Disability Accommodation. This new government initiative assists people with disabilities to live more independently.
Returns range between 7% to 14% annually. These figures are net, after provider costs and management fees are accounted for.
Funding committed by the Federal Government for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a 20 year year commitment. This allows Participants with high care needs to qualify for this housing, to secure long-term accommodation and it gives the investor long-term security in the return on their investment.
Why invest in SDA Homes?
- High-yield investment property backed by government funding for 20 years
- Land sourced in high-demand areas – the key to securing Participants
- Fixed-price building contracts with no surprises
- Expert advice and guidance the whole way
- Quality designed homes to be the envy of the street
- End-to-end solution, from securing the land to having over properties to Participants
- Relationships established with providers, to assist in securing Participants for your high-performance property
- Increase your investment portfolio while helping the community
- Guaranteed construction timeframe.
The builder guarantees a 20 week build time although it takes approximately 4-5 months to hand over the property. If you want to convert the SDA home back to a standard 4 bedroom, the property can be readily used as a standard home. The builder targets the highest demand locations with various estates in conjunction with the provider’s advice.
How to Buy an SDA Home
Fully Accessible + OOA 3-Bedroom House
Land Cost: $282,000
Build Cost: $343,000
Total SDA & Participant Income: $106,569
The NDIS Provider enters into a Commercial Head Leasing arrangement with the Investor for a minimum of 10 years.
NDIS Provider Annual Outgoings:
- Utilities (Based on regions 2019 Avg.): $8,640
- Maintenance (4%): $3,145
- Replenishment Fund (5%): $5,328
- Management Fee (28%): $29,839
(Management Fee includes tenancy matching, SDA registration costs, annual house auditing and compliance checks, quarterly fire safety auditing and compliance checks, maintenance, cleaning and gardening scheduling, policy risk mitigation for change in government legislation and SDA funding, tenure risk mitigation, minimum requirement to maintain ACNC registration and all administration costs)
Annual Rent Paid to the Investor: $59,616
Estimated Annual ROI: 9.5%
The SDA homes are architecturally designed to ensure compliance with relevant legislation while being practical and offering a safe and enjoyable environment for Participants.
- Electronically controlled, height-adjustable bench top
- Wheelchair-accessible bench tops
- Modern Italian-designed SDA suitable for electronic appliances
- Wall oven tower
- Recessed zero threshold external door access
- 2740mm ceiling height to avoid obstructions
- SDA suitable light switches and power points
- Ducted air conditioning with smart controller
- Smart wiring package to all bedrooms and living rooms
- Fire suppression system, such as sprinklers and smoke alarms (where applicable)
- Up to 4 ensuites in each residence
- Recessed floors for zero threshold to ensuite
- Wheelchair-compliant bathrooms with step-free shower
- 1200mm high wall tiling for less maintenance
- Wheelchair-compliant toilets, hand basin and tapware
- Reinforced walls for future grab rails
- Reinforced ceilings to cater to 250kg lifting hoist (where applicable)